The faculty of Technologies is responsible for the delivery of a wide variety of exciting and engaging subjects, all of which offer outstanding training and educational opportunities specifically aligned to industry and career pathways incorporating many transferrable skills. These include Industrial Arts, Home Economics, Information Technology and Vocational Education Training (VET) both in Construction and Hospitality.
Our subjects contain substantial practical components, and as such require us to charge fees in order to pay for the large amount of consumable products that we use during the year. For more information on fees for specific subjects please click here.
As you will appreciate, we consider the safety and well-being of our students the most important aspect of our job and therefore have in place very stringent WHS polices and standards. For detailed information on WHS standards, policies and clothing/footwear requirements, please click here.
2020 saw the completion and use of the Refurbished Food Technology learning space facility, please click here. In Hospitality the TAS faculty will have access to an amazing industry standard facility and tools. In 2018 we now have a fully equipped commercial kitchen allowing the offering of both Kitchen Operations and Hospitality Cert II (Food & Beverage).
In our Food Technology Labs we aim to minimise all risks to students. We have implemented the latest DEC policy whereby we do not include any nuts or ingredients derived from nuts in our recipes. We cannot guarantee that utensils used in the food labs have not been in contact with allergens in previous uses. We require the following form to be completed and updated by parents or carers at the start of the course. click here too view the requirement.
For detailed information on any of the subjects we provide, simply follow the links below or contact Cheryl Constable (Head Teacher TAS) on 4474 2155. We strongly advise that you attend the subject selection evenings held during term 2 to assist in making informed choices about subjects offered in the TAS faculty.
Stage 4 (Years 7 and 8)
- Yr 7 Technology Mandatory – Built Environment, Products (Textiles and Food), IT
- Yr 8 Technology Mandatory – Built Environment, Products (Textiles and Food), IT
Stage 5 (Years 9 and 10)
- Food Technology (200hr)
- Graphics Technology (200hr)
- Industrial Technology - Timber (200hr)
- Industrial Technology - Electronics (200hr)
- Industrial Technology - Metal (200hr)
- Information and Software Technology(200hr)
- Textiles Technology (200hr)
Stage 6 (Years 11 and 12)
- Food Technology
- Textiles & Design
- Industrial Technology Timber and Furnishing Products
- Industrial Technology Multimedia
- Information Processes and Technology
- Software Design and Development
- Engineering Studies
- Exploring Early Childhood
- Vocational Education and Training (VET):
- Hospitality Curriculum Framework
- Construction Curriculum Framework